Elegant and delicious dish and easy to cook
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt (2 tsp. + 1/2 tsp.)
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Fill a large pot with water 2 inches from the top. Place on the stove over high heat and let come to a boil; add 2 teaspoons of the salt. Cook the pasta according to the package directions (until al dente). Use a liquid measuring cup to scoop out 1/2 cup of pasta water; reserve. Drain the pasta into a colander.
- Meanwhile, put the pine nuts in a small skillet. Place on the stove and turn the heat on to medium. Cook, tossing or stirring often, until golden brown, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Wash the parsley and pat dry. Chop. Grate the Parmesan (if grating yourself).
- Return the pot to medium heat, add the reserved pasta