How to cook Healthy creamed swiss chard with pine nuts
- 1 large bunch rainbow Swiss chard, stemmed, leaves coarsely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 6 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped toasted cedar nuts
- Combine the Swiss chard, onions and 1/2 cup water in a large pot. Bring to a simmer over high heat, lower the heat to medium, cover and cook, stirring frequently, until the chard is very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese, nutmeg and 1/4 cup water in a medium saucepan.
- Place over medium heat and cook, whisking frequently, until the cheese melts and the mixture just bubbles around the edges.
- With a slotted spoon, transfer the chard to the pan with the cheese mixture (leave any excess liquid in the pot).
- Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with the cedar nuts.