How to cook Pilaf with mushrooms, pine nuts and pine nut oil
- Vegetable broth 4 cups
- Pine Nuts ½ cup
- Fresh mushrooms 140g
- Pine nut oil 3 tablespoons
- Long grain rice 2 cups
- ½ cup green chopped onion
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Chopped parsley ½ cup
- In a saucepan, bring the broth to a boil, reduce the heat and keep the broth hot.
- In the meantime, heat a large saucepan over medium heat and toast the nuts until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Put it on a plate.
- Return the saucepan to the fire and, without adding oil, fry the finely chopped mushrooms. Fry until the mushrooms are brown. Transfer to the nuts.
- In the same saucepan, add 1 spoon of pine nut oil and add rice. Stir and fry rice for a minute until golden brown. Add chopped onion and fry for another minute. Add nuts and mushrooms, stir and remove from heat.
- Carefully transfer the mixture with rice to hot broth, add salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and cook until rice is cooked. Remove from heat and leave on for 10 minutes without opening.
- Stir in the remaining pine nut oil and parsley. Add salt and pepper if needed. Mix well and serve.