Even after recovering from a serious illness, a person may face its unpleasant consequences. The most common ones are:
- Weakness, and fatigue syndrome.
- Various cognitive impairments: problems with memory and concentration.
- Weakened immunity.
Many have faced all these problems as a long-term effect of Covid-19. Without proper support, the recovery period can last for weeks, months, and even years. Vitamin and mineral therapy helps to fight most of the consequences of serious diseases. One of the foods rich in essential substances is pine nut flakes.
Pine nut flakes contain essential amino acids, fatty acids, and vitamins A, B1, B2, E, and PP that help to strengthen the immune system, provide the body with energy, and support cognitive functions. It is especially important when recovering from severe illness.
Essential Amino Acids Strengthen Immunity and Increase working capacity
Pine nut flakes are a source of natural protein and a large number of essential amino acids. Each of the amino acids has a whole range of beneficial properties that are especially important for a weakened body:
- Methionine enhances immunity  and promotes rapid recovery. It is often used by athletes to recover from strenuous physical activity. If you have had a serious illness, the effect of methionine will be similar.
- Lecithin has a positive effect on the ability to concentrate and improves memory, as well as increases overall endurance.
- Tryptophan is involved in the synthesis of serotonin. Due to this, it has a positive effect on the entire nervous system and allows the body to cope with any stress.
- Cysteine is involved in the work of T-lymphocytes (T-cells) that are formed in the thymus and play a critical role in the immune system. 
Fatty acids are the most important source of energy
Polyunsaturated fatty acids are not produced in the human body and must be supplied in sufficient quantities through the diet. Meanwhile, these nutrients are one of the most important sources of energy. Due to their beneficial properties, they are able to support the body during the difficult period of recovery from an illness. Besides:
- Omega-3 improves memory. In particular, DHA, EPA, ALA acids belonging to this class have proven to have such an effect.
- Omega-9 strengthens and restores the immune system.
- Omega-6 protects cells from external damage and strengthens their natural barrier. Its anti-inflammatory and cardioprotective effect helps avoid complications that may arise during recovery from disease.
What vitamins are needed to recover from a disease?
Pine nut flakes contain most of the vitamins recommended by doctors to maintain immunity and avoid weakness:
- Vitamins B1 (thiamin) and B2 (riboflavin) help to fight fatigue and psychological discomfort.
- Vitamin A is directly related to immunity, it provides resistance to bacterial, parasitic, and viral infections.
- Vitamin E regulates energy metabolism in muscles, helping to accumulate energy reserves – glycogen. Thus, it affects the reserve of strength and energy. In addition, this vitamin strengthens the immune system.
- Vitamin PP (also called vitamin B3 or niacin) is required for the release of energy from carbohydrates and fats. It ensures that the required energy level is maintained. Also, vitamin PP regulates the functioning of the upper nervous system, positively affecting cognitive functions.
Pine nut flakes provide comprehensive support to the body. Its use can be both a preventive measure for possible complications after the disease, and help in the fight against the consequences that have already appeared.
 Nauss KM, Newberne PM. Effects of dietary folate, vitamin B12 and methionine/choline deficiency on immune function.
 Vinogradova EV, Zhang X, et al. An Activity-Guided Map of Electrophile-Cysteine Interactions in Primary Human T Cells.
These articles come directly from researchers and are passed on to everybody. siberianpinenutoil.org assumes no liability for any content in these articles. For Educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.