The thyroid gland produces hormones that affect metabolic processes. Therefore, violations in its work immediately affect the functioning of the cardiovascular, nervous, and reproductive systems. Pine nut oil and pine resin are rich in nutrients necessary for the normal functioning of the thyroid gland. Pine nut oil enriched with pine resin activates receptors that control hormone secretion, and also reduces the risk of autoimmune thyroiditis, hypothyroidism, and goiter.
Pine resin affects the functioning of SUCNR1 receptors
Pine resin contains a rather rare and extremely useful substance — succinic acid. This acid is part of many drugs designed to normalize hormonal levels and treat pathological conditions of the thyroid gland.
Studies have shown that succinic acid activates the SUCNR1 receptors that are one of the mechanisms for controlling hormone secretion. In the body, succinic acid goes through a long metabolic journey, one of the derivatives of which is ammonium succinate, a hormone-like substance that affects the hormonal status of the body and maintains a balance in the work of all organs associated with the production of hormones, including the thyroid gland.
Pine nut oil enriched with pine resin is a prophylactic agent for thyroid diseases
The composition of pine nut oil and pine resin contains substances that help in the prevention of major thyroid diseases: autoimmune thyroiditis, hypothyroidism, and goiter.
- Vitamin A, or retinol (contained in pine nut oil). This vitamin is responsible for protein biosynthesis, thereby «nourishing» the entire endocrine system. To improve its efficiency, it is recommended to take retinol in combination with another antioxidant, vitamin E. This vitamin is not found in pine nut oil, but pine resin is rich in it.
- B vitamins (thiamine, riboflavin, and pyridoxine). These vitamins speed up metabolic processes. Increased metabolism prevents the appearance of goiter  — a tumor-like enlargement of the thyroid gland, accompanied in some cases by a disorder of its function and disturbances in the general condition of the body.
- Cholecalciferol, or vitamin D. Contained in pine resin. Deficiency of this nutrient leads to hypothyroidism, a disease of the thyroid gland associated with a long-term deficiency of the hormones T3 and T4.
- The same vitamin, as well as selenium contained in pine nut oil, is necessary for the body to reduce the risk of developing autoimmune thyroiditis — a chronic disease in which antibodies act on the thyroid gland and gradually destroy its cells. 
- Succinic acid, mentioned earlier, is also a preventive agent for hypothyroidism.
In addition, vitamin C from pine resin helps to restore the normal functioning of the thyroid gland if a pathological condition has already developed.
Thus, thanks to the reception of resin extract, you support the functioning of the thyroid gland, an organ that has a huge impact on the entire body and basic metabolic processes.
 Shustov E.B. Ex-orphan receptors as targets for potential drugs.
 Plastunov VA. Effect of vitamin B 6 administered by various means on the functional state of the thyroid gland in cases of iodine deficiency
 Liontiris MI, Mazokopakis EE. A concise review of Hashimoto thyroiditis (HT) and the importance of iodine, selenium, vitamin D and gluten on the autoimmunity and dietary management of HT patients.
These articles come directly from researchers and are passed on to everybody. siberianpinenutoil.org assumes no liability for any content in these articles. For Educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.