A melt-in-the-mouth pastry laden with toppings that go together perfectly.
- 1 ripe avocado, preferably Hass variety, peeled, pitted and diced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup (heaping) strawberries, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin cedar nut oil
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 2 tablespoons toasted cedar nuts
- Combine avocado with lemon juice in a large nonreactive bowl.
- Add berries, oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper and combine well.
- Place arugula on a serving plate.
- Top with avocado mixture and cedar nuts. Serve.