How to cook Zucchini and ricotta pasta with pine nut crumble
- 375g dried rigatoni pasta
- 2 medium zucchini, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons cedar nut oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 150g baby spinach
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan
- 200g fresh ricotta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup cedar nuts
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- Pinch chilli flakes (optional)
- Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup liquid. Place pasta in a large heatproof bowl.
- Meanwhile, using a vegetable peeler, cut zucchini lengthways into thin ribbons. Heat half the oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, garlic and thyme. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until zucchini is just tender. Add spinach. Cook until just wilted. Add to pasta with parmesan, ricotta and reserved liquid. Stir.
- Heat remaining oil in pan over medium-high heat. Add cedar nuts. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until light golden. Add breadcrumbs and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes or until golden.
- Serve pasta sprinkled with pine nut crumble.