How to cook Christmas cookies with pine nuts and rosemary
- Wholemeal flour 2 cups
- Sea salt 1 tsp
- Butter 240g
- Sugar 0.6 cups
- Lemon 1 piece
- Roasted Pine Nuts 80 g
- Fresh Chopped Rosemary 1.25 tsp
- In a small bowl mix in flour and 1 teaspoonful of salt.
- In a large bowl whisk the softened butter to a cream. Add sugar and grated lemon zest – whisk again.
- Mix the flour mixture, lightly chopped nuts and rosemary and knead well (the dough will be slightly dry). Put the dough on a floured surface and knead a little with your hands so that the dough comes together. Roll the ball, then flatten it slightly into the disk. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees of Farenheits.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface to about 5-6 mm thick. Cut out any shapes with dough molds and place them on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
- Bake the biscuits for about 10 minutes until the biscuits turn golden from the bottom. The time will depend on the size of the cookie.