Pine nut oil enriched with sea buckthorn has many useful properties:
- Promotes healthy digestion
- Prevents the development of cardiovascular diseases
- Is a preventive agent for mood disorders
- Strengthens immunity
- Speeds up the healing of wounds, scratches, bruises, and burns
- Is an antioxidant: protects the body from toxins and free radicals
- Prevents and cures female diseases
- Contributes to the normal course of pregnancy.
The listed effects are associated with both components of the remedy: pine nut oil and sea buckthorn. Both ingredients have repeatedly become the subjects of scientific research. In 2021, Polish scientists published a large-scale analysis of the beneficial properties of sea buckthorn. Based on more than 130 verified studies, scientists concluded that sea buckthorn is a suitable component for functional food due to its preventive potential. 
The authors of the study write about sea buckthorn: “This plant has a high content of bioactive compounds, including antioxidants, phytosterols, essential fatty acids, and amino acids, as well as vitamins C, K, and E. (…)
Sea buckthorn shows antimicrobial and antiviral properties, and is a potential nutraceutical or cosmeceutical. It was proven to help treat cardiovascular disease, tumors, and diabetes, as well as gastrointestinal and skin problems.”
The study provides a detailed list of the nutrients that make up sea buckthorn and substantiates each of its beneficial properties. The authors describe the following bioactive compounds of sea buckthorn:
- Vitamin C – in its content, sea buckthorn is 12 times higher than oranges.
- Vitamin E is the main antioxidant vitamin.
- Vitamin K is essential for postsynthesis modification of proteins involved in blood coagulation, as well as for controlling calcium binding in bones.
- Phytosterols. These substances have been proven effective in lowering blood cholesterol levels.
- Amino acids – 18 of the 22 amino acids known to science are found in sea buckthorn.
- Organic acids: malic and quinic.
- Mineral elements: iron, magnesium, copper, zinc, sodium, potassium, phosphorus, calcium, nitrogen, and manganese.
- About 30 volatile compounds.
Based on the available medical data on the benefits of each nutrient in sea buckthorn, the authors of the study compiled a list of its beneficial properties. (Left click to enlarge the image)
The scientists concluded that sea buckthorn “helps prevent or treat a range of conditions, such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, tumors, gastrointestinal disorders, and skin problems. Sea buckthorn is therefore an excellent supplement with which to enrich the daily diet, helping to prevent diseases of affluence.” In addition, the authors emphasize that this berry shows a synergistic effect when combined with other superfoods (pine nut oil is one such superfood).
 Agnieszka Jaśniewska and Anna Diowksz — Wide Spectrum of Active Compounds in Sea Buckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides) for Disease Prevention and Food Production
These articles come directly from researchers and are passed on to everybody. siberianpinenutoil.org assumes no liability for any content in these articles. For Educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.