This is a simple and healthy side dish that comes together in less than 15 minutes and requires only three ingredients!
- 1 lb. green beans, washed and ends trimmed
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin cedar nut oil
- 2 Tablespoons shallots, minced
- 2 Tablespoons cedar nuts, toasted
- Salt and Pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook for 3 minutes. Immediately strain the green beans and rinse with cold water for about 1 minute (alternatively, place green beans in a bowl of ice water). Pat dry.
- Turn a large pan to medium-high heat. Add the oil. Once the oil is hot, add the shallots and cook for 2 minutes until golden. Add the green beans to the pan and toss for about 1 minute to warm. Salt and pepper to taste. Place the green beans and shallots on a platter and sprinkle with the cedar nuts.