How to cook Grilled vegetables stuffed with pine nuts, wild rice and pine nut oil
- Tomatoes 3 pieces
- Red sweet pepper 2 pieces
- Orange sweet pepper 2 pieces
- Wild rice 150 g
- Pine nuts 50 g
- Sunflower seeds 50 g
- Lemon ½ pieces
- Cilantro 1 bundle
- Capers 20 pieces
- Garlic 1 head
- Chives 6 stalks
- Pine nut oil 3 tablespoons
- Freshly ground black pepper ¼ tsp
- Salt ½ tsp
- Boil wild rice according to package instructions and salt.
- Finally chop chives and cilantro.
- Peel the garlic, separating the cloves from each other.
- Squeeze the juice out of half a lemon.
- Roast pine nuts and sunflower seeds in a dry frying pan.
- Remove the nuts and seeds from a pan, add 2 tbsp of pine nut oil to a pan and fry the garlic cloves until golden brown.
- Prepare the filling: combine the seeds and nuts with garlic, green onions, cilantro, capers and rice, pour in lemon juice and 1 tbsp. pine nut oil, add pepper and mix.
- Cut off the top of the tomatoes and remove the flesh, try not to damage the walls and the bottom, save the tops. Mix tomatoes pulp with rice filling.
- Cut the tops of the sweet pepper, remove the core with the seeds.
- Stuff the peppers and tomatoes with rice mixture and cover with tops.
- Wrap each tomato and pepper in a double layer of foil, put on hot spot on the grill and cook for about half an hour until cooked.
- Open the foil and grill the vegetables for another 3-4 minutes, so that they are saturated with the smell of smoke.