How to cook Lemon and Pine Nut Cheesecake
- Wheat flour 300 g
- Baking powder / yeast 1 tsp
- Salt pinch
- Sugar 140g
- Butter 160 g
- Lemon 2 pieces
- Ricotta cheese 500 g
- Gelatin 10 g
- Sugar powder 50 g
- Chicken egg 2 pieces
- Cream 30% 140 ml
- Roasted pine nuts ½ cup
- Mix flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Chop the butter and mix it into the flour. If it stirs in hard, then add 2 tablespoons of cold water. From the resulting dough to form a ball, wrap it in a foil and put in a fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat oven to 390 degrees of Fahrenheit. Put the dough into a baking pan and flatten it with hands. Cover with baking paper and put it in the oven. After 10 minutes, remove the dough, remove the paper and cool.
- Mix ricotta with sugar powder in a bowl. Separate the yolks from whites and whisk into the cheese.
- In a glass bowl sprinkle lemon juice with gelatin and leave to swell for 5 minutes. Then, in a water bath, dissolve gelatin in lemon juice (can be heated in a microwave for 40 seconds and then quickly mixed).
- Add lemon jelly to the egg-cheese mixture, whisking constantly.
- Whip the cream until a soft foam forms and gently add to the ricotta.
- Whisk the remaining egg whites into a strong foam and add to the cream.
- Put the cheese mixture on the cooled dough, sprinkle with roasted pine nuts and lightly dip them with a spoon in the cream. Flatten.
- Leave to freeze for at least 4 hours in the refrigerator.