How to cook Biscotti with Parmesan, basil and pine nuts
- Pine Nuts ¾ cup
- Butter 6 tbp
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese 60 g
- Lemon rind 1 tsp
- Egg 2 pieces
- Milk ¼ cup
- Wheat flour 2 cups
- Baking powder 2 tsp
- Dried basil 2 tsp
- Put pine kernels in a frying pan and put in an oven for 8-10 minutes, heated to 165 degrees of Farenheits.
- Mix butter, parmesan, basil, lemon zest, eggs and milk. Slightly beat with a mixer until smooth.
- Mix the flour with baking powder and pine nuts and combine with the previously prepared mixture. Stir with a mixer at a slow speed until the dough is ready.
- Roll out the dough in the shape of a rectangle: about 60 cm in length and 2 cm thick.
- Put parchment paper on a baking pan or in a baking dish, put dough on it and place it to the oven, preheated to 320 degrees of Farenheits. Bake for 15 minutes.
- After removing the dough from the oven, cut it into slices about 2 cm wide (about 30 pieces should turn out), then turn it over and put it back to the oven again. Bake for about 40 minutes until the biscotti is dry.
- Cool and serve as accompaniment to various soups.