Natural products are absolutely harmless, and therefore are suitable for the whole family, regardless of individual characteristics and age. They can be used even for very young children, without fear of side effects and unwanted reactions.
Pine nut oil is a natural product that has no contraindications. You can use it for children from one year old as a dietary supplement in small dosages and for massage.
Pine nut oil contains nutrients necessary for a growing body
For children, the following substances contained in pine nut oil are important:
- Vitamins B1 and B2. These vitamins are essential for the maintenance of normal metabolism and for blood circulation. They ensure efficient functioning of the brain and other parts of the nervous system.
- Ascorbic acid (vitamin C) takes part in the formation of collagen, a protein that is part of the skin, cartilage, and bones. It is needed for strong bones and teeth in the same way as calcium. Also, vitamin C strengthens children’s immunity.
- Niacin (PP vitamin) is important for energy metabolism and cholesterol reduction. Thus, it is proven to be a preventive agent for childhood obesity.  According to a WHO report, the prevalence of overweight is 29% among boys and 27% among girls aged six to nine years. Prevention of this problem should be started as early as possible.
- Retinol (Vitamin A) is needed for more than just vision. Its deficiency can manifest itself in various skin lesions and leads to serious liver problems, as well as gallstone disease.
- Folic acid. This acid enhances immunity and has a beneficial effect on the functioning of the nervous system.
- Tocopherol (vitamin E) has a complex effect on the health of the child. Thus, studies have shown that it is a prophylactic agent for allergic rhinitis , has a positive effect on the health of the liver and gallbladder , and is necessary for the prevention of neurological problems .
You can safely give pine nut oil to 1-Year-Olds. If you wish, after consulting a pediatrician, you can introduce pine nut oil into the child’s diet from 5-6 months. Start at the lowest dosage, pipetting one drop onto your child’s tongue. Gradually increase the dose to 4 drops.
Pine nut oil can be used for baby massage
Pine nut oil moisturizes and nourishes the skin, preventing allergic reactions and breakouts. Therefore, it can be used not only as a dietary supplement, but also for massage. The external use of pine oil is possible from birth. This massage helps:
- Fight diathesis, redness, and irritation
- Strengthen the protective barrier of the skin
- Heal wounds and microcracks
- Improve blood circulation
- Calm down the child, improve his or her sleep.
The benefits of using pine nut oil externally and internally for children are as great as for adults. Pine nut oil contributes to the harmonious growth of the child and supports all the systems of his body.
 Galescu OA, Crocker MK, et al. A pilot study of the effects of niacin administration on free fatty acid and growth hormone concentrations in children with obesity.
 Wang SY, Wang YF, Pan CC, Sun JW. Serum level and clinical significance of vitamin E in children with allergic rhinitis.
 Thébaut A, Nemeth A, et al. Oral Tocofersolan Corrects or Prevents Vitamin E Deficiency in Children With Chronic Cholestasis.
 Sokol RJ. Vitamin E and neurologic deficits.
These articles come directly from researchers and are passed on to everybody. siberianpinenutoil.org assumes no liability for any content in these articles. For Educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.