How to cook Italian Christmas Cake With Pine Nuts
- Extra virgin pine nut oil to taste
- Amaretti biscuits 50g
- Hazelnuts 300 g
- Dark chocolate 250 g
- Muscovado Sugar 200 g
- Brandy 4 tablespoons
- Oranges 1 piece
- Pine nuts 100 g
- Baking flour 50 g
- Egg (large) 6 pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees of Fahrenheit. Grease with pine nut oil round split baking form (24 cm).
- Grind amaretti and sprinkle the bottom and sides of the form with an even layer. Put excess crumbs in a large bowl.
- In a blender crush hazelnuts and broken chocolate to the state of crumbs and add them to the bowl with amaretti crumbs.
- For the dough: add in the bowl of crumbs sugar, brandy, grated orange zest, squeezed orange juice and pine nuts. Add egg yolks and mix well. Add flour and mix again.
- Mix egg whites with a pinch of salt and whisk into a foam and gently mix with the dough. Put the dough in the baking form and bake for about 1 hour until cooked, checking with a toothpick.
- Carefully remove the cake from the form and allow to cool. Serve warm or at room temperature.