How to cook Risotto with pesto, pine nuts and pine nut oil
- Pine nut oil 9 tablespoons
- Pearl onions ½ pieces
- Arborio rice 300 g
- Dry white wine 100 ml
- Vegetable broth 1.2 l
- Green Basil 80g
- Pine nuts 40 g
- Roasted Pine Nuts 30 g
- Thyme 4 stalk
- Parsley 4 stalks
- Grated Parmesan cheese 80 g
- Salt to taste
- To make pesto sauce, mix basil leaves with unroasted pine nuts, add in 5 tablespoons of pine nut oil, add a little salt, grind everything in a blender until smooth and add 40 grams of grated cheese.
- Lightly fry onion on the oil for 1 minute. Add rice and warm up in a pan for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour in white wine and evaporate until the smell of alcohol disappears.
- Constantly stirring, pour in the vegetable broth and bring the risotto to readiness (the degree of readiness – the middle of rice should be a little hard).
- 1-2 minutes before being ready combine risotto with pesto sauce, mix and salt to taste.
- Put the finished risotto on a dish, sprinkle with roasted nuts, grated cheese, garnish with thyme and parsley.